Post SPMU Procedure
For 2 to 7 days after treatment, the procedure area may experience the following symptoms: Flaking, tenderness, dryness, itching, swelling and redness, eyelashes may stick together and eyelids may appear red and puffy after any eyeliner procedures. For at least 5 to 10 days after the procedure or until the area appears to be healed, include the following in your daily routine:
- Apply the provided moisturising balm twice per day for 5 days only.
- Do not get the area wet for at least 10 day, blot dry if this does happen, do not rub.
- Do not wear makeup on the treated area for at least 10 days.
*If you have had cold sores or herpes simplex in the past it is important that you use medication for 7 days before and after your lip treatment. This will help prevent an outbreak, which causes discomfort and could result in scarring.
- DO NOT get water on your eyebrows for at least 10 days.
- Use a fine layer of the given moisturising ointment twice a day am & pm, use a clean cotton bud for each eyebrow (no fingers).
- Do not tweeze for at least 10 days after treatment.
- Do not use skincare on the treated area for at least 10 days.
- Apply moisturising ointment twice a day for 5 days.
- It is advisable to use a straw to drink fluids immediately after treatment.
- Try to avoid getting the area wet for 7 days and try not to lick your lips.
- It is advised not to use any after care treatments on the eyes. However a saline solution may be used to bathe the eyes if they are feeling tight or sore.
- Do not expose the area to any extreme temperatures for 14 days after the procedure. This includes sunbathing, tanning beds & saunas. Make sure you use a high SPF to avoid fading after this time.
- Do not use makeup for at least 10 days on the treated area and if you had an eyeliner procedure buy a new mascara to avoid infection.
- Do not use any face creams, exfoliators, or harsh cleansers on your brows/eyes/lips (depending on procedure) during the healing process.
- VERY IMPORTANT - Do Not Pick, scratch, or rub the area or the colour will heal unevenly or cause scarring and infection.
- The colour will be up to 50% darker straight after the treatment. It will fade after 4 to 7 days and the true colour will not be visible until the area has completely healed and a time of up to 4 weeks has passed.
- In order to keep your permanent makeup in perfect condition it may be necessary to have a follow up/retouch appointment every 9 to 18 months, but this will vary for each individual.
- If you are planning an MRI scan, chemical peel or any similar procedures, please inform your practitioner that you have had permanent cosmetics.
- Laser hair removal can fade and change the shade of your lip or brow procedure, always advise the laser technician that you have had a permanent makeup procedure.
- Please remember the area may feel tender for a few days after the procedure.
- Normal activity can be resumed immediately, but no heavy exercise such as aerobics, heavy weightlifting, swimming, etc for 7 days post procedure.
- Your second (retouch) appointment should be booked at the end of your first visit; it is after this treatment your true results will be visible.